NEW WINTER 2017/2018 SHOWS ANNOUNCED
See if we are coming to your area and get tickets here
YOU SEE THIS RIVER ON FIRST GRAMMY BALLOT
We are pleased to share with you that You See This River has been submitted for this year’s 60th Grammy Awards. For your consideration, we are included in the following categories:
Best American Roots Song “Good Crazy Thing”
Songwriter ; Janie Barnett
Best American Roots Vocal “Good Crazy Thing”
Vocal; Janie Barnett
Best Folk Album “You See This River”
Janie Barnett & Blue Room
To listen to the full album, please click on this link to go to the music player on our FB page
We are grateful for your support
NEW ALBUM AVAILABLE NOW: You See This River
Click on one of the links below to get your copy. It's Brooklyn-based Americana; it can pump you up or cradle you, a la Lumineers, Sarah Jarosz or Mumford and Sons.
The stories here are of the primal instinct for nostalgia, the beautiful and terrible journey up and down the river, the persistence, romanticism, and pig-headedness of humans. The title track captures this journey on the river – sometimes deliberate, sometimes meandering, indeed sometimes treacherous, with no apparent way to jump the current, all the while watched by those who choose to stand on the sidelines. All we might know for sure is that we’ll float another day.
We look forward to hearing your feedback after you order.
Order direct from me with Paypal ($18, free shipping included):
- The Greylock Glass Names “You See This River” One of the Best Albums of 2017!Jason Velasquez of The Greylock Glass named You See This River “one of the very best albums in the Americana universe certainly of 2017, and likely this decade.” The Greylock Glass produced and released FIFTY-EIGHT podcast episodes in 2017! To celebrate, we’re doing a year-in-review “listen back” over the year via Facebook. December 9, 2017 I think I produce […]
- “You See This River” Featured on Mostly Folk Podcast!Janie spoke with DJ Artie Martello of Mostly Folk about the inspiration behind many of her songs on You See This River. Listen to the episode here.
- “You See This River” Named One of 2017’s Albums of the Year by “From Texas And Beyond”!“From Texas And Beyond” has named You See This River one of their Albums of the Year in their Fall/Winter 2017 MegaSeries. Read the list of award winners here.
- “Wrap Me Up” Featured On Folk Roots Radio with Jan Hall!Janie’s song “Wrap Me Up” from her album You See This River was included in an episode of Folk Roots Radio with Jan Hall, who called it “an excellent album.” Folk Roots Radio Episode 352: Erin Costelo & More New Releases Episode 352 of Folk Roots Radio features an interview with Erin Costelo recorded at the 2017 Folk Music Ontario conference. Erin releas […]
- Janie Talks You See This River and Performing at TCAN on The Greylock GlassThe Greylock Glass had Janie on as a special guest for an episode of Cornbread Cafe, where she talked about her music career and her upcoming performance with Paula Cole at The Center for Arts in Natick. THE CORNBREAD CAFE #6: INTERVIEW WITH JANIE BARNETT, TOO MANY NEW TRACKS TO LIST! Janie Barnett discusses her gracefully drifting release, You […]
- Listen to Janie on Up Close and Acoustic!Host Charlie Silvestri had Janie on as a special guest for an episode of his performance and interview radio program, Up Close and Acoustic. Up Close And Acoustic With Janie Barnett If you are seeking to make music your life and career, the path that my guest Janie Barnett has navigated through the ‘music biz’ should […]
- Janie Featured on The Blues and Roots Music Blog!The Blues and Roots Music Blog featured Janie and the inspiration behind her record, You See This River. Americana artist Janie Barnett new album release “You See This River”..stories of ambiguity and passion Americana artist Janie Barnett recently released her album “You See This River” which reached the top 20 on Americana radio in its first weeks of rele […]
- Listen to Janie as a Special Guest on High Regard Show!High Regard Show interviewed Janie about her Urban Americana Holiday Party at City Winery and her song “Buy That Thing.” URBAN AMERICANA – E111 OF “THE HIGH REGARD SHOW” NOV 27, 2017 Tom Roarty In Episode 111 of the “High Regard Show,” “Urban Americana,” we interview singer-songwriter Janie Barnett. Janie is hosting the first annual Urban Americana Holiday […]
- “Sweet Thursday” Featured in Episode of The Miller Tells Her Tale!Americana podcast The Miller Tells Her Tale played “Sweet Thursday” from Janie’s newest album, You See This River. Listen to the episode.
- The Alternate Root Selects “Sweet Thursday” in their Top Ten Songs of the Week!The Alternate Root spotlighted Janie’s song “Sweet Thursday” from her recent release, You See This River as one of their favorite songs of the week. ALT ROOT TOP TEN SONGS OF THE WEEK FOR WEDNESDAY NOVEMBER 15, 2017 The album world is making room for singles only on our weekly chart, and the Top Ten […]