NEW WINTER 2017/2018 SHOWS ANNOUNCED
See if we are coming to your area and get tickets here
YOU SEE THIS RIVER ON FIRST GRAMMY BALLOT
We are pleased to share with you that You See This River has been submitted for this year’s 60th Grammy Awards. For your consideration, we are included in the following categories:
Best American Roots Song “Good Crazy Thing”
Songwriter ; Janie Barnett
Best American Roots Vocal “Good Crazy Thing”
Vocal; Janie Barnett
Best Folk Album “You See This River”
Janie Barnett & Blue Room
To listen to the full album, please click on this link to go to the music player on our FB page
We are grateful for your support
NEW ALBUM AVAILABLE NOW: You See This River
Click on one of the links below to get your copy. It's Brooklyn-based Americana; it can pump you up or cradle you, a la Lumineers, Sarah Jarosz or Mumford and Sons.
The stories here are of the primal instinct for nostalgia, the beautiful and terrible journey up and down the river, the persistence, romanticism, and pig-headedness of humans. The title track captures this journey on the river – sometimes deliberate, sometimes meandering, indeed sometimes treacherous, with no apparent way to jump the current, all the while watched by those who choose to stand on the sidelines. All we might know for sure is that we’ll float another day.
We look forward to hearing your feedback after you order.
Order direct from me with Paypal ($18, free shipping included):
- Janie Talks You See This River and Performing at TCAN on The Greylock GlassThe Greylock Glass had Janie on as a special guest for an episode of Cornbread Cafe, where she talked about her music career and her upcoming performance with Paula Cole at The Center for Arts in Natick. THE CORNBREAD CAFE #6: INTERVIEW WITH JANIE BARNETT, TOO MANY NEW TRACKS TO LIST! Janie Barnett discusses her gracefully drifting release, You […]
- Listen to Janie on Up Close and Acoustic!Host Charlie Silvestri had Janie on as a special guest for an episode of his performance and interview radio program, Up Close and Acoustic. Up Close And Acoustic With Janie Barnett If you are seeking to make music your life and career, the path that my guest Janie Barnett has navigated through the ‘music biz’ should […]
- Janie Featured on The Blues and Roots Music Blog!The Blues and Roots Music Blog featured Janie and the inspiration behind her record, You See This River. Americana artist Janie Barnett new album release “You See This River”..stories of ambiguity and passion Americana artist Janie Barnett recently released her album “You See This River” which reached the top 20 on Americana radio in its first weeks of rele […]
- Listen to Janie as a Special Guest on High Regard Show!High Regard Show interviewed Janie about her Urban Americana Holiday Party at City Winery and her song “Buy That Thing.” URBAN AMERICANA – E111 OF “THE HIGH REGARD SHOW” NOV 27, 2017 Tom Roarty In Episode 111 of the “High Regard Show,” “Urban Americana,” we interview singer-songwriter Janie Barnett. Janie is hosting the first annual Urban Americana Holiday […]
- “Sweet Thursday” Featured in Episode of The Miller Tells Her Tale!Americana podcast The Miller Tells Her Tale played “Sweet Thursday” from Janie’s newest album, You See This River. Listen to the episode.
- The Alternate Root Selects “Sweet Thursday” in their Top Ten Songs of the Week!The Alternate Root spotlighted Janie’s song “Sweet Thursday” from her recent release, You See This River as one of their favorite songs of the week. ALT ROOT TOP TEN SONGS OF THE WEEK FOR WEDNESDAY NOVEMBER 15, 2017 The album world is making room for singles only on our weekly chart, and the Top Ten […]
- Read Live in Limbo’s Review of You See This River!Live in Limbo reviewed Janie’s newest album, saying “From start to finish, this is an empowering and ardent album.” “YOU SEE THIS RIVER” BY JANIE BARNETT BY GEMMA MASTROIANNI ALBUM REVIEWS NOVEMBER 16, 2017 Americana Singer-Songwriter Janie Barnett has released her third album titled, “You See This River.” The album takes you away as she speaks about variou […]
- Read Janie’s Interview with ZO Magazine!Janie spoke with ZO Magazine about everything from her start in Virginia, to her time in New York City, to her current album, You See This River. Just Around The Riverbend with Janie Barnett November 13th, 2017 Kendra Beltran Janie Barnett was a little girl growing up on the purest of sounds, Americana. Throughout her career she’s known many […]
- Grateful Web Announces Janie Barnett’s Urban Americana Holiday Party!Grateful Web previewed Janie’s upcoming first annual Urban Americana Holiday Party at City Winery in New York. JANIE BARNETT TO PRESENT THE FIRST ANNUAL URBAN AMERICANA HOLIDAY PARTY AT CITY WINERY On Sunday afternoon, December 3, Janie Barnett presents her Urban Americana Holiday Party, celebrating the spirit of the human heart, resistance, and transformati […]
- Inspirer Magazine Interviews Janie as a Featured Artist!Inspirer Magazine spoke with Janie about her album, You See This River, saying “This album is the purest, self-reflective work she has released.” Janie Barnett Reminds Us of the Importance of Authenticity By Nicole Ryan Published on November 8, 2017 A self-proclaimed outsider, Janie Barnett has always done her own thing. In the tumultuous and ever “conform t […]